Hints & Tips
Parquet flooring is still one of the most popular flooring options around, and it’s actually been around for ages!
This type of flooring first became famous in France back in the 1600s, but it’s actually still on trend today, as both a modern and very practical flooring option. We wanted to briefly explore what makes parquet flooring such a great flooring choice for domestic and commercial flooring.
What is parquet flooring?
This skype of flooring is essentially made up of blocks or strips of wood, which are usually arranged geometrically, and can often be made of different grains and types of woods. The patterns of this flooring is very aesthetically pleasing, with its symmetrical lines and sleek design.
There are are few key reasons why this flooring has stayed so popular, including:
- Great aesthetics – As mentioned above, parquet flooring is a very aesthetically pleasing flooring option. The flooring has a distinctly engineered look to it, which really helps it to stand out and look sophisticated. It can also match any decor thanks to the geometric designs
- A variety of types – It used to be that only a natural option of this flooring was available, now with the help of technology, this has changed. You can opt for a natural or engineered aesthetic, with the latter providing an immaculate finish. The different types of this flooring are now much more eco-friendly and can consist of different layers of wood, which adds to the durability.
- Highly durable – One of the best aspects of parquet flooring is just how durable it is. This flooring’s durability is so good that you won’t need to worry about getting a replacement or having to carry out extensive repairs for years to come. Keep in mind, it’s durability largely depends on the width of the tile. You can opt for greater widths, for better durability. The engineered option of this flooring will provide a greater amount of strength.
- Non-allergic – Those who suffer from allergic reactions will find that this type of flooring is extremely beneficial, due to it being hypoallergenic. It’s easy to clean, with a smooth surface, ensuring dust and contaminants don’t get embedded on the lower side. Because of this, the chances are that bacteria or allergens won’t get embedded into the flooring either, which makes it better for those suffering from allergies.
- Easy to clean – This type of flooring requires very little maintenance, and as mentioned above, it’s also very easy to keep clean. Whether you’re using a vacuum cleaner, a wet mop, or detergent cleaners, the surface of parquet flooring can be effortlessly cleaned.
- Very customisable – It can fit many different design preferences, and you can vary these up to suit your needs. Everything from the thickness of the flooring and the geometric patterns, to the overall finish, material and appearance can be customised. The design you choose can easily be made to suit the interior of your home perfectly.
There’s no doubt this type of flooring will remain extremely popular for years to come, and there’s many more benefits to take advantage of.